Whether you’re in a job rut or just desire something new, you’re not alone. In 2021 over 50% of people expect to make a career change in the next 2 years. That’s a shocking figure but it makes sense given the changes we’ve seen in the last few years. Sometimes a change is what you need. In 1865, Nokia started out as a paper company… Yes, that happened. Switching your main focus can be the catalyst for your success. We’ve decided to make a list of 10 steps which can help to keep your transition as straightforward as possible.
This is 10 Steps to Making a Career Change.
1. Decide that you need a career change.
2. Review your current situation.
3. List the jobs that you might want to do.
4. Research the jobs on your list.
5. Work on narrowing down your list to 2 types.
6. Understand the skill/qualification requirements of your new roles.
7. Apply & Schedule some formal interviews.
8. Set a target for every 6 months in your new job.
9. Under go any training necessary.
10. Say Goodbye to Your Old Career.
These 10 steps may sound obvious but it can help a great deal to have a clear plan written down by a stranger in chronological order on the internet. The most important step above is step 1. Once you’ve truly decided that you need a career change, it will happen. Focus your energy on building new opportunities, not on hating your current position. Hopefully this list will help you to keep putting on foot in front of the other & moving forward. It’s all about clarity & conviction. Go after what you want.
Let us know if you could add anything to the list or if you’re looking to get into the tech, content or digital business… we’d love to hear from you. Message me directly on email@example.com